Corporate and social responsibility
Since 2006 the Company has published annual corporate social responsibility reports, which include the analysis of substantial influence on economic, ecological and social spheres, as well as information regarding our non-financial risk management system and sustainable development performance. All non-financial reports of Russian Railways are available to interested persons on the www.rzd.ru corporate site.
The Company follows the international rules of corporate social responsibility and sustainable development and shares the 10 principles of corporate social responsibility of the United Nations Global Compact, which the Company joined in December, 2007.
The Ten Principles of the Global Compact
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Businesses should uphold the effective abolition of child labour
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of discrimination in employment and occupation
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote environmental responsibility
- Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.